WriteShop - an incremental writing program
Writeshop I Set 5th Edition
Parents love WriteShop! This flexible writing program helps new and veteran homeschoolers alike tackle junior high and high school-level writing with confidence. From brainstorming to final draft, the Teacher’s Manual clearly defines your role in the writing process. You’ll love the examples, detailed lesson plans, and step-by-step instructions.
WriteShop I and II set your teens on a course for success. Assignments give them a chance to practice various kinds of writing, such as creative, expository, narrative, and persuasive.
WriteShop is an incremental composition curriculum for junior high and high school students. WriteShop I for grades 7-10 familiarizes students with the basics of descriptive, informative, and narrative writing. WriteShop II for grades 8-12 expands these writing skills and introduces persuasive writing and essays. The comprehensive Teacher's Manual helps you teach and edit your student's compositions with confidence.
Begin with the Level 1 Teacher's Manual and Level 1 Workbook before proceding to the Level 2 Workbook. The WriteShop Teacher's Manual is designed to work with both the Level 1 and Level 2 Workbooks.
WriteShop I Features:
- Solid writing foundation for 6th-10th graders using WriteShop I
- Incremental lessons with a strong emphasis on editing; lessons gradually increase in difficulty
- Practical grammar application as students relate grammar to writing
- Goal of mastery as lessons regularly review skills
- Creative and varied lessons
- Graphic organizers and step-by-step strategies that help students with learning difficulties such as dyslexia or dysgraphia
- Flexible scheduling. Because the material is “ungraded,” students may begin WriteShop I any time between 6th and 10th grade and may take from one semester to two years to complete this first level. When finished, they can move up to WriteShop II.
- Video course options. When you feel unsure about teaching writing on your own or don’t have time to add one more thing to your schedule, PlayWith.Education’s online Video Course may be the answer.
Set consists of WriteShop Teacher's edition and WriteShop Volume 1 workbook.
-Changes in our new 5th Edition includes:
-Updated content in some lessons
-Updated student and teacher checklists
-Improved, high-resolution print quality
WriteShop’s step-by-step method encourages your teen’s success.
Confident writers are comfortable with the writing process.
Topic suggestions, graphic organizers and brainstorming worksheets, and 17 practical word banks help unlock your student’s creative ideas.
WriteShop’s “learn-practice-do” approach helps new skills become habits. Each engaging lesson presents a new writing skill that is:
- Introduced as a Skill Builder exercise.
- Put into practice in the current composition.
- Applied to future compositions.
Additionally, WriteShop focuses on clarity, conciseness, colorful vocabulary, and sentence variety that will add sparkle to dull, ordinary compositions.
3. Self-Editing and Revising
WriteShop tells students exactly what to look for when editing and refining their own work. There’s no guessing involved! Each lesson has its own customized Writing Skills Checklist. When finished with the editing process, students have a polished final draft.
No More Writer’s Block
Do your teens fear the dreaded blank page? Writing comes easier when they have clear instructions and topic guidelines. Because WriteShop’s concrete instructions tell them exactly what to do, they’ll never have to wonder how long their paper should be or what content they should include.
Skills Covered inWriteShop I and II
Writeshop I Lesson 8 Sample
Scope & Sequence